Posting Portfolios Online
You can post your portfolio on any number of websites.
Remember to protect your privacy. Don’t share your personal contact information, unless you are comfortable doing so. Otherwise, include only your email address.
Online portfolios can take many forms. Consider creating:
- A professional Instagram account
- A customized LinkedIn profile
- A blog that showcases your creativity and writing skills
- A website that can showcase your talents
Here are a few ideas from recent graduates:
Your portfolio proves that you’ve achieved all the things you describe in your resume.
Keep your portfolio current and relevant to the job you are seeking.
You can present your portfolio in print or online.
Keep your portfolio handy when interviewing, so that when an employer asks for it, you have it ready.
This is your chance to show your prospective employer what you’re capable of, with all your relevant projects and documents from your time as a student, employee and volunteer organized in one place.
There are many items you can use, including:
- Photographs or examples of completed projects (menus, business plans, manuals)
- Photographs from study abroad experiences
- Flyers or posters you developed for an event
- Copies of articles you've written for publication
- Certificates or licenses earned through on-the-job training, club participation
- Awards: customer service, employee of the month/year awards
- Samples of leadership activity in sports, clubs, organizations, and volunteer work
- Academic transcripts & teacher evaluations
- Letters of recommendation from past employers
- Thank you letters